- What is the Simple Man Cruise?
- How does the Best Available cabin option work?
- Will the artists be onboard the whole time?
- When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
- Are there any cruise discounts available?
- How can I learn more about the Norwegian Pearl?
- What is the cruise itinerary?
- Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?
- What does the price of Simple Man Cruise VII include?
- How does admission work?
What is the Simple Man Cruise?
Join Lynyrd Skynyrd and Sixthman as we host Simple Man Cruise VII! The Simple Man Cruise is back for lucky number 7, sailing October 20-24th from Miami to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay. Get ready for 4 days of nonstop shows on stages all around the ship, topped off with wild and crazy activities! Lynyrd Skynyrd brings you another exceptional music festival, promising an incredible lineup of bands and the biggest rock n' roll fan reunion the open seas have ever seen.
Our setting this year is the beautiful Norwegian Pearl, equipped with specialty restaurants, a bowling alley, a rock climbing wall, basketball courts, a full-service casino, 24-hour room service and so much more! All the music you know and love, and our favorite destinations of Key West & our own private island, make this a nonstop music adventure you don’t want to miss.
It’s the party of the year where you’ll be surrounded by the crazy Cruisin’ family you love so much. With plenty of balconies, amazing amenities, and overall comfort, the party is only steps away from your door. So get off your keister and get ready to rock the weekend like never before!
How does the Best Available cabin option work?
Guests who book into the Best Available Interior cabin secure a cabin and tickets to the indoor Lynyrd Skynyrd show. You will be able to select your show tickets at the time of booking but your cabin number (an interior cabin on decks 4 – 11) will be assigned prior to (final payment date}. Guests who book into the Best Available category are guaranteed an interior cabin but will not be able to select where the cabin is located.
Will the artists be onboard the whole time?
Our artists are excited to join you on board for the whole event. However, there may be some cases where they must join us during the trip or depart early due to schedule or family commitments.
When should I plan to arrive and depart from Miami?
When booking flights we recommend that you arrive in Miami no later than 12:00 PM, or in Ft. Lauderdale no later than 11:00 AM on October 20th. Return flights should be arranged to leave Miami after 12:00 PM on October 24th, or leave Ft Lauderdale after 1:00 PM.
Are there any cruise discounts available?
Paid In Full Discount: Reservations made through April 5, 2013 that are paid in full within 72 hours of booking will receive a 5% discount off cabin fare. The Paid In Full Discount will only apply if the entire cabin is paid for and is not available on a per person basis.
Youth Discount: A discount of $99 is available to children age 14 years and under.
Military Discount: A discount of 5% off cabin fare is granted to any active-duty military personnel (fax us a copy of your Military ID).
No combining of non-age related discounts is allowed.
Single Occupancy discount of $199. (See "What if I Want to Book a Single Occupancy Cabin" here for details.)
How can I learn more about the Norwegian Pearl?
In addition to our own The Ship page there are several great internet sites with information about the Norwegian Pearl:
What is the cruise itinerary?
Subject to change, the cruise itinerary is:
- Sunday, October 20, 2013 - Depart Miami, FL (approx 4:00 PM ET)
- Monday, October 21 - Key West, FL 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, October 22 - Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesday, October 23 - Day At Sea
- Thursday, October 24 - Arrive Miami, FL (approx 8:00 AM ET)
Can I attend if I am pregnant or just had a baby?
Norwegian will make every effort to accommodate you, providing you have not entered the 24th week of pregnancy when the cruise ends. Please include your cruise details in an email to the Access Desk or firstname.lastname@example.org with a medical certificate establishing your due date prior to the cruise.
Infants under six months of age are not eligible for travel on Norwegian ships.
What does the price of Simple Man Cruise VII include?
In addition to admission to all cruise concerts, the price of your room also includes:
- Round trip cruise from Port of Miami to Key West and Great Stirrup Cay
- All meals on the ship and in Great Stirrup Cay (there's gourmet fare in the formal dining rooms, casual indoor and outdoor grills open for meals throughout the day and 24-hour room service).
- Non-carbonated beverages (i.e. tea, juices, coffee).
- Free entrance to hot spots like the ship's casino.
- Use of the ship's beautiful pool (all with plenty of deck space to enjoy a cocktail and some great music).
- Use of the Norwegian Pearl's health and fitness center.
- Norwegian Splash Academy and Entourage facilities and activities if you're bringing children.
- Taxes, port charges and ticketing are added at check-out and pre-paid by you ($225.00 per person).
Not included are:
- Gratuities ($12.00 per person, per day will be charged to your onboard spending account).
- Alcoholic beverages.
- Soft drinks & bottled water. (However, cards are available for a low price which get you unlimited soft drinks throughout the cruise.)
- Any meals, events or tours in Key West.
- Ground transportation.
- Travel insurance (available through Sixthman).
How does admission work?
Each guest will get to see Lynyrd Skynyrd twice - one general admission show on the Pool deck, and one indoor ticketed show in the ship's main venue, the Stardust Theater. All other shows on board will be General Admission, so you can come and go as you please.
As you are making a reservation, you will choose your exact spots for your indoor show using an interactive map like shown below. This map shows available inventory in real time.