All cruise photos are now available at www.smcfamilyphotos.com! Enjoy!
Our photographer, Will Byington, has uploaded all of the photos with the band as well as fan shots that showed up on the in-cabin TVs. Please feel free to download them as you wish and share for FREE as a thank you from Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sixthman and Will Byington Photography. If you are posting them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram... tag them with #SimpleManCruise and #sxmliveloud so others can see your memories from the cruise!
A Photo Release is also available to enable easy printing at Target, Wal-Mart, etc.
Unfortunately due to the ongoing recovery of Henry Garza, Los Lonely Boys will be unable to perform on the Simple Man Cruise this year. Henry is still receiving treatment and undergoing therapy for neck and back injuries sustained from a fall from the stage earlier this year. They hope that with the additional rest, the band will be able to bring their Texican rock and roll to fans for the rest of the year, and are still working on moving forward with releasing their new album in early 2014. They’ve sent thanks for all the healing prayers, and hate they won’t be seeing you!
Location: Secadas at Magic City Casino
Time: 5:30pm – 7:30pm
The Pre-Party is free of charge – but remember to wear your Simple Man Cruise laminate so we’ll know you’re with us! Laminates were recently mailed to all Lead Passengers, and will be delivered in the next few weeks if they haven’t made it already.
If you plan on attending the Lynyrd Skynyrd show immediately following the pre-party, you can still purchase tickets HERE! If you have any questions about the pre-party, please click HERE to contact Sixthman.
Join Molly Hatchet as they host the most intense trivia this side of the deep blue. You’ll go head to head against your fellow southern rock family as you battle it out for some amazing prizes. One lucky guest will even have a shot to win a Molly Hatchet signed guitar! Click HERE to sign up!
We're also sending a welcome package to each Lead Passenger in the next few weeks, so be on the lookout and share it with your cabin mates!
A preliminary schedule is now available HERE! Keep in mind that shows and activity times may change as we make adjustments from now ‘til we set sail, but this should give you a general idea of what each day will be like. We’ll continue to post the most up-to-date version of the schedule online between now and then, so check back periodically.
We know you’ve got the secret to the juiciest BBQ, the sweetest sweet potato pie, and the tangiest pickled okra around. right? This is your chance to put all that culinary knowledge to work for you! Submit a recipe online, and you could win a dinner with Rickey Medlocke and Johnny Colt! And to say thanks, they’ll take you out to dinner on the cruise if you submit one of the most scrumptious recipes! ENTER HERE.
ART TALK WITH MICHAEL
The guys in Lynyrd Skynyrd are obviously musically talented, but prepare yourself to be blown away by the artistic talents of drummerMichael Cartellone! He’ll be doing a slideshow presentation highlighting his new works including explaining the creative process, start to finish, of “Carnivale di Venezia. Afterwards, Cartellone will be answering all your juicy art questions in a special Q&A. To top it all off, he will also raffle off an original charcoal portrait of Billy Powell. More information on how to be involved in the raffle coming soon!
GUITAR CLINIC WITH SPARKY
You can win a spot in a guitar clinic with Sparky of Lynyrd Skynyrd! Want to be considered? All you need to do is let us know by clicking HERE and filling in your Sixthman username by Sunday, September 29. Due to limited availability, participants will be selected at random. You will need to bring your own guitar onboard to participate.
BELLY FLOP CONTEST
We hope everybody’s ready to show their SKYN! As part of the theme night where we celebrate everything Skynyrd, we’re having a tattoo contest- and the best part? Members of Skynyrd will be choosing their favorite tattoos. To be a part of this contest, you must submit a picture of your tattoo by Sunday, September 29. Participants will be notified before we sail. (Yes, you have to submit the picture to be considered. It’s easy!) To submit your picture, you can choose one of the following methods:
- If you have a picture of your tattoo already posted online, you can fill out the form on THIS page.
- Are you in Instagram user? Upload a shot of your tattoo and tag #simplemancruise. Be sure to include your Sixthman username in the description too, so we know who you are!
- Email a picture of your tattoo to email@example.com
GET A TATTOO
Because we have a limited number of appointment times, we are holding a lottery for those interested in getting a tattoo on board. Click HERE to enter by Sunday, September 29. We will notify those selected before sailing with further instructions about how to schedule your appointment time once we board.
*Please bear in mind, for the best possible tattoo care, you should not be in the sun or get into the pool or ocean right away. Appointments will be held each day, so if you plan to take a dip, you should do that before your appointment. If you’re interested in getting inked on board, read on for more information.
Voting is now out for the People's Choice theme night! Booked guests, check your emails to vote!
Introducing two new themes:
"WHO'S YOUR DRIVER?" NIGHT
Simple Man Cruisers, start your engines! We’re going to pay tribute to something that many of you spend each and every Sunday watching – NASCAR racing! Whether your favorite driver is part of “The Chase” this year or not, we want to know – Who’s YOUR Driver? Support your favorite race team by wearing t-shirts, hats… or if you’re really into it, a full blown fire-resistant suit! You’re sure to bond with fellow cruisers who support your favorite driver and race team too.
SHOW YOUR SKYN NIGHT
No, you’re not wearing your birthday suit; you’re wearing all things SKYNYRD! Awesome Skynyrd ink, your favorite Skynyrd concert tee, or any other Skynyrd wear you have – what better way to celebrate the last night of the trip than by showing your love of the band that brought us all together?
For most guests, your reservation number was emailed to you on August 23. For anyone who booked after August 23, we will send new reservations out as we receive them.
HOW TO USE YOUR NORWEGIAN RESERVATION NUMBER:
- Log into your reservation and select "Look Up A Reservation", check that all of your information (Name, DOB, etc) is correct and that all of your guests are named. Your registration may be completed and your eDocuments (boarding pass) printed any time between now and the week of sailing.
- If you have previously cruised with Norwegian, log in under the "Existing Members Log In." If you have not previously sailed with Norwegian, create an account under "New User Registration." (Ship: Norwegian Pearl, Sail Date: October 20, 2013)
- Once you log in, you can complete your online check-in by entering the requested information. If the system doesn't recognize your reservation number please contact Sixthman at 877-379-9174, and we'll be happy to help.
- If you notice anything wrong with your passenger information (your legal name, citizenship, birthday, etc.) or your reservation number says "Balance Due" please give us a call at 877-379-9174. If you have any problems with the registration process itself, please call Norwegian at 1-866-931-6743.
- For guests with existing Norwegian Latitude Numbers, you may link it to your current reservation by calling 1-866-931-6743.
- If you're planning on making reservations in any of the specialty restaurants, excursions in Key West or on Great Stirrup Cay, or purchasing spa packages or shuttle transfers, you may book them during your online registration.
- Want to order something special so you can sail away in style? Check out Norwegian's variety of Bon Voyage Gifts and place your order by phone at 1-866-931-6743 or by filling out the Gift Order Form and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to: 305-436-4147.